The special Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable for aluminum melting furnaces is based on high-purity mullite and sillimanite. Add andalusite, ultrafine powder, etc. to combine to form a special non-stick aluminum castable for aluminum melting furnaces. When the molten aluminum reacts with the surface of the castable, andalusite, and ultrafine powder will react with the molten aluminum to form the tightest accumulation, quickly filling the pores and pores of the castable. And make the pores less than 0.5 microns to prevent the re-penetration of aluminum liquid.
Working conditions of refractory lining materials for aluminum melting furnaces
The melting temperature of aluminum is not high, basically 800~900℃. However, due to the low viscosity, high permeability, and high activation performance of liquid aluminum, it has a severe erosion reaction to the refractory furnace lining. Aluminum and aluminum alloys have extremely strong permeability after being melted, and can easily react chemically with the refractory lining, causing damage to the refractory lining.
Generally, the damage to refractory materials lining aluminum melting furnaces includes the following items.
- Aluminum water penetrates into the pores or cracks of the refractory material, causing the refractory lining to slowly peel off, directly damaging the lining.
- Nodules and bulges. The liquid aluminum reacts in contact with the refractory material and adheres to the surface of the refractory lining. It is easy to form corundum tumors, bulges, and slag hanging. In this case, although the refractory material will not be directly damaged, the corundum tumors will become larger and larger. This can easily cause waste of molten aluminum and damage during mechanical slag cleaning.
- During the smelting process, the refractory material reacts with the aluminum liquid to produce aluminum ash impurities. Impurities eventually enter the aluminum liquid, causing pollution and waste of the aluminum liquid.
- The aluminum melting furnace undergoes a series of mechanical operations such as feeding and slag removal during the production process. Direct impact and erosion on the furnace bottom and furnace walls, causing damage to the refractory materials of the aluminum melting furnace.
So is there a castable that can solve or alleviate all the above problems at once? To solve the above four problems, it is necessary to ensure that the refractory castable lining of the aluminum melting furnace has a high density, which is used to prevent the erosion and secondary penetration of molten aluminum. It is also necessary to ensure that no aluminum ash is produced after the contact reaction between the refractory castable and the molten aluminum, which reduces erosion, no corundum, and reduces the loss of molten aluminum during the smelting process. Finally, this refractory castable must have high wear resistance and be able to resist wear and mechanical impact during the production process of the aluminum melting furnace. The special Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable for aluminum melting furnace lining produced by Rongsheng Refractory Castable Factory can solve these problems.
Advantages and characteristics of Rongsheng Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable
- No nodules and no sticking to aluminum.
- Prevent the adhesion and penetration of aluminum liquid.
- Clean aluminum liquid and save aluminum ingots.
How does Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable extend the service life of furnace lining?
Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable is an ultra-low cement castable specially developed for the aluminum and aluminum alloy industry. Specially added non-stick aluminum agent, it has the properties of high density, and high strength, and is not wetted by aluminum and alloy solutions. It can significantly reduce the abnormal growth of the corundum phase and the penetration of molten metal into the material. It is suitable for the bottom of an aluminum melting furnace, molten pool, slagging slope, launder, aluminum water ladle, and degassing box. The product has passed the standard aluminum corrosion test and its performance has reached the international leading level.
Non-stick aluminum refractory castables combine the characteristics of organic and inorganic binders and add a certain amount of new composite refractory materials that are insoluble in aluminum to effectively control the erosion of refractory materials by liquid aluminum. Non-stick aluminum castables have the properties of high volume density, and high strength, and are not wetted by molten aluminum. They are mainly used for the walls and bottom of aluminum melting furnaces.
Rongsheng Refractory Castable Factory is a new material with low cement content and ultra-fine powder based on high-purity mullite, andalusite, and sillimanite. Due to the combination of high-purity raw materials and ultra-fine powder, this series of materials has high volume density, high strength, and good thermal shock stability. By adding an appropriate amount of “non-wetting agent”, such as high-purity chromium oxide, complex barium salt, complex zinc salt, etc., the wettability of aluminum, alloys, and slag to refractory materials can be greatly reduced. It improves the corrosion resistance, erosion resistance, non-sticking of aluminum and slag of refractory materials to aluminum liquid containing chemical components such as salt and co-solvent. That is to say, it prevents aluminum, alloys, and slag from penetrating into refractory materials and extends the life of the furnace lining.
Application advantages of Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable
At present, the refractory materials used in domestic aluminum melting furnaces react with liquid aluminum. A large amount of aluminum ash is generated during the smelting process, causing waste in the aluminum industry. Moreover, the service life is short, and the liquid aluminum will react with refractory materials. Impurities are generated and enter the aluminum liquid, polluting the purity of the aluminum liquid and directly affecting the performance of the aluminum alloy. Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable not only does not produce aluminum ash, can save aluminum ingots, does not drop impurities into the aluminum water, and cleans the aluminum liquid, but also has a longer service life.
The special non-stick aluminum castable for large-scale aluminum melting furnaces is a castable for aluminum alloy smelting specially designed for the domestic aluminum melting industry. This castable can significantly increase the service life of the aluminum alloy melting furnace. During the aluminum smelting process, no aluminum ash is produced, no corundum is formed, and the metal aluminum solution is prevented from reacting with the elements in the refractory material. This prevents impurities from entering the aluminum alloy and affecting the quality of the aluminum alloy. Reduce the adhesion rate of aluminum liquid and improve anti-seepage capability.
The effect of using non-stick aluminum castables in aluminum melting furnaces
- Solve the problem of the reaction of refractory materials used in the aluminum industry with liquid aluminum. The self-developed new material does not produce aluminum ash, corrosion or nodules during the smelting process of molten aluminum. It can greatly reduce the loss of aluminum liquid during the aluminum smelting process.
- Add composite ultrafine powder to the castable to reduce the porosity and pore diameter of the castable and prevent the adhesion and penetration of aluminum liquid. During the aluminum smelting process, the aluminum does not stick, does not hang slag, and does not produce aluminum ash.
- Greatly reduces the reaction between the aluminum liquid and refractory materials and improves the quality of aluminum alloy.
Non-stick aluminum refractory castables add a variety of additives to high-aluminum castables to make the castables denser and have good dense properties to prevent the penetration of molten aluminum. The function of the additive is to form a reflective layer in the castable to prevent the aluminum liquid from bonding to the castable and destroying the structure of the castable. This function is like applying a layer of oil or paraffin on the glass to prevent water from penetrating.
Rongsheng Refractory Castable Factory
If you want to extend the service life of your aluminum melting furnace, you must choose non-stick aluminum castables with stable quality. If its quality is unstable, the impact on the aluminum melting furnace is unpredictable. The most direct impact is on the production quality of molten aluminum, but its safety is unpredictable. Therefore, if you choose the powerful Rongsheng refractory castable manufacturer, you can not only buy economical and affordable Non-stick Aluminum Refractory Castable materials. And Rongsheng manufacturers provide comprehensive customer service. Track the use effect and lifespan of your refractory furnace lining throughout the process.