What are the commonly used refractory castables? What is the difference between dense castables refractory and lightweight refractory castables? Castable refractory, also known as refractory castable, is an unshaped refractory material, also called monolithic refractory castable. The refractory castable is easy to construct and has good integrity. It can be used for the lining of various industrial kilns and can also be used to manufacture prefabricated parts.
Classification of Commonly Used Refractory Castables
There are many types of refractory castables, which can be distinguished according to different dimensions.
- 1) According to the characteristics of refractory castables, they can be divided into high-strength wear-resistant castables, high-temperature-resistant castables, low-cement castables, steel fiber castables, acid-resistant, and heat-resistant castables, etc.
- 2) According to refractory raw materials, it is divided into clay castable, high alumina castable, silicon castable, mullite castable, corundum castable, silicon carbide castable, etc.
- 3). According to the applicable industrial kiln environment, including aluminum-silicon carbide castables for ladle ditch, aluminum-magnesium spinel castables for ladle, etc.
- 4) According to the density, it is divided into lightweight castables and dense castables refractory.
- 5) According to the composition of the binder, organically bonded castables and inorganic bonded castables, such as resin bonded castables and cement bonded castables;
- 6). According to chemical properties, refractory castables can be divided into acid-resistant castables, neutral castables, and alkali-resistant castables.
What is the difference between dense castables refractory and lightweight insulation castables?
- Analyze the difference between dense castables refractory and lightweight insulation castables. The main difference between dense refractory castables and lightweight castables is the difference in bulk density. Lightweight castables with a density lower than 1.6 and dense castables with a density higher than 1.8.
- The characteristics of dense castables differ from lightweight insulating castables. Dense castables have high-temperature resistance, erosion resistance, erosion resistance, thermal shock resistance, spalling resistance, etc. Lightweight castables have low thermal conductivity and a good thermal insulation effect.
- Dense refractory castables and lightweight insulating castables are also used differently, that is, they are used in different environments. The dense refractory castables are wear-resistant, high-temperature-resistant, and corrosion-resistant, and are used in kilns with harsh environments. Lightweight castables are generally used for heat insulation layers to avoid heat loss from the kiln and have the effect of heat insulation. And because the kiln skin temperature is low, fuel can be saved.
- The raw materials used for dense castables and lightweight castables are also different. Bauxite particles and powders with high density are generally used for heavy castables, and materials with low specific gravity such as floating beads and alumina hollow spheres are used as raw materials for lightweight castables.
- The amount of water added to heavy castables and light castables is different, and the amount of water added to lightweight castables is larger than that of dense castables. Because lightweight castables have higher water absorption than dense castables.
- The addition of binders for heavy castables and light castables is different. Lightweight castables are added more than heavyweight castable binders, the purpose of which is to increase the initial strength of lightweight castables.
How to choose refractory castable?
Heavy castables and light castables are selected according to the characteristics of the castables. Dense refractory castables can exert the maximum performance of castables at different positions, different temperatures, and different degrees of erosion in the kiln, and different castables are used. Lightweight castables are made of materials with different bulk densities according to different kilns and different temperature requirements to play the role of heat insulation.
Rongsheng refractory castable manufacturer
Castable is a kind of amorphous refractory material that does not need to be formed and has fluidity. It is composed of aggregates, powders, and binders according to technological proportions. Under certain conditions, it can replace the refractory brick products with complex shapes and a high degree of irregularity. It has the advantages of convenient construction, a short construction period, and light labor intensity. For more product information about refractory castables, please contact Rongsheng refractory castable manufacturer. Based on your specific needs, we will provide you with the product that best suits your thermal kiln production needs. Contact us for free samples and quotes.